It seems peculiar to talk about power as a virtue, but I think this is because, most often, we talk about it from the perspective of hoarding power, of power over, or the power to get what we want. But power that is used to … read more.
News & Upcoming Events
- Consider a qualified charitable distribution to MVUC from your IRA
- And Service Is Its Prayer – A Note from the Nominating Committee
- A Moment with Rev. Ian – Midway Through Packing Our Bag – December 2023
- Mt. Vernon Community Band Concert – Dec 10 – Directed by Linda Davidson
- Outdoor Fellowship – Dec. 9 – with VA Park Ranger and MVUCer Caylie Sims
- Requests for SBA Funds Due January 31
- Share the Plate – December – United Community
- Updates from the Board – November 2023
- Packing Our Bag – Rev. Ian’s Next Sermon Series
- VIC-HOP – Sign up to join the MVUC team! Hypothermia Outreach Program
- Make a Joyful Noise with Music at MVUC
Sundays: Join us in the Meeting House or Online
Midway Through 'Packing Our Bag'
We are midway through the sermon series called "Packing Our Bag," which explores some of the virtues that will help guide us through the great work of loving the hell out of this world. Rev. Ian shares more in the video below.