MVUC has a small professional staff. Every activity, ministry, and social effort at MVUC depends on members and friends – their volunteer time, talents, and treasure. All of the activities described elsewhere on this website are open to and grateful for new volunteers.
The church governs itself through the Board of Trustees, various committees, and task forces. Explore our governance pages for information about those groups. Other activities and groups are coordinated through the Program Council. More information about those activities can be found here. If you are interested in serving on a committee, see the committee chair, the Program Council coordinator, or any member of the Board of Trustees.
Volunteer opportunities also include such activities as:
- Teaching religious education classes (for children, youth, or adults)
- Assisting with Sunday Services (greeting, ushering, providing flowers, sound/video/tech support, and being a worship assistant)
- Maintaining the Book Nook
- Serving as volunteer receptionists, and
- Working on Communications or Governance
Contact the Program Council to learn how you can contribute to these and other activities. If you do not receive the Wednesday email, This Week at MVUC, and would like to receive it, please be sure to sign up to learn more about upcoming events, ongoing activities, and other news.