Automatic payments can be made in several ways:
- If you have set up an account and obtained a password to use Realm (see church member information), you can make either one-time or recurring automatic payments. Payments may be made through a credit card account or using an automatic clearinghouse (ACH) transaction directly from your bank account. To set up a payment, use the automatic payment form available as a link from this web site, through the Realm site, or through the Realm Connect mobile device application. ACH is the preferred method of payment because MVUC pays a 3% fee on credit card transactions.
- The automatic payment form can also be used without a password, but only for one-time payments. Choose the “Continue as Guest” option on the second screen.
- You can ask the church administrator to establish a one-time or recurring automatic payment on your behalf. Send an email with this request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to provide your bank account number and bank routing number.
Indicating the Purpose of the Payment
The FUND line on the automatic payment form provides a list of possible entries. Some of these are:
- Stewardship – a payment toward a stewardship commitment.
- Contributions – a payment intended for operating fund expenses, but not associated with a stewardship commitment.
- Share the Plate or Monthly Charities Only – see info here.
- Endowment Fund – a contribution to the Endowment Fund. If intended as a memorial contribution, please indicate the memorialized person in the optional memo window.
- Partner Church – for support of Partner Church activities
- Rental fees – provides a convenient way for facility rental fees to be paid by credit card.
The first page of the form also allows you to specify GIVE ONCE or GIVE MULTIPLE TIMES and to specify the gift date or the frequency of multiple gifts. A memo line can be used for any special instructions.
Hit the CONTINUE button on the lower right corner of the form to provide payment methods. You can choose between credit card or on-line automated clearinghouse (ACH) payments.
To set up a credit card account, click on “Enter a different payment method”, choose CREDIT OR DEBIT and enter credit card information as you normally would for an on-line purchase.
To set up an ACH account, choose BANK ACCOUINT and enter account and routing numbers found on one of your checks, as shown on the illustration below, and other requested information.