Religious Education classes for children and youth are offered every Sunday except for some national and school holidays.
During the 2020 – 2021 September – May Church year, while all in-person gatherings and activities are suspended, curriculum-based Religious Education classes for Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade are offered throughout the day on Sundays via Zoom.
Families of registered students receive class details and access info via Bloomz, our secure communications platform for Religious Education.
2020 – 2021 Curriculum for Children and Youth
The following curriculum-based classes are offered on Sundays:
Pre-Kindergarten – Kindergarten: We Are Many, We Are One
7th – 8th Grade: Building Bridges
9th – 12th Grade: Young Religious Unitarian Universalists (YRUU)
Resources for Parents & Volunteer Teachers
Additional Curriculum Information
Tapestry of Faith Overview (UUA.org link)
MVUC’s By-laws require students to register for the Religious Education Program annually.
Register your child for Religious Education. (Google Form)
Policy and Practice
- Behavior Guidelines (Google Doc)
- Building Social and Emotional Health in the MVUC Nursery (Google Slides)
- Check-in Suggestions (PDF)
- Chalice Lighting Ritual (Google Doc)
- Child Protection Training for Volunteers Handbook (PDF)
- Child Protection Training for Volunteers Video (YouTube)
- Classroom Standards (Google Doc)
- Eight Styles of Learning (Google Doc)
- Facilitation Guidelines for Sharing Perspectives (Google Doc)
- Food and Snacks Policy (Google Doc)
- Social-Emotional Development: Infants and Toddlers (Virtual Lab School link)
- Steps in Lesson Planning (Google Doc)
- Teacher Safety (Google Doc)
- Teaching Guidelines (Google Doc)
- Teaching Logistics (Google Doc)