Religious Education classes for children and youth are offered every Sunday during worship services except for some national and school holidays, when childcare is available for ages 4 – 11.
During 9:15 a.m. Sunday services during the September – May Church year, an all-ages, activity-based curriculum is offered to Pre-Kindergarten – 5th Grade children to help them explore life’s questions and develop philosophies and life lessons.
Curriculum-based Religious Education classes for Pre-Kindergarten through 12th Grade are offered during 11:15 a.m. Sunday services during the September – May Church year.
During the summer, more interactive classes are offered in a multi-age setting to Pre-Kindergarten – 5th Grade children.
Classes meet after For All Ages in the service.
Nursery care for children under age 3 is available year round.
2019-2020 Children and Youth Curriculum
Dr. Seuss Changed My Life is offered during the 9:15 a.m. church service in 2018 – 2019 to Pre-Kindergarten – 5th Grade children.
The following curriculum-based classes are offered during the 11:15 a.m. church service in 2018 – 2019:
Pre-Kindergarten – Kindergarten: Spirit Play
For more information, contact our Director of Lifespan and Spiritual Growth, Ann Richards.
Here are resources for parents and volunteer Religious Education teachers.
A free PDF reader is available at Foxit Software.
Additional Curriculum Information
Tapestry of Faith Overview (UUA.org link)
Register your child for Religious Education! (Google Form)
Policy and Practice
- Religious Education Behavior Guidelines (Google Doc)
- Religious Education Logistics (Google Doc)
- RE Teacher Safety (Google Doc)
- Classroom Standards (Google Doc)
- Eight Styles of Learning (Google Doc)
- Guidelines for Teachers (Google Doc)
- Snacks (Google Doc)
- Steps in Lesson Planning (Google Doc)
- Children’s Chalice Lighting Ritual (UUA.org link)
- Social-Emotional Development: Infants And Toddlers (Virtual Lab School link)
- Code of Ethics (PDF)
- Voluntary Disclosure Form (PDF)
- Weekly RE Class Report (Google Doc)
- Accident Report Form (Google Doc)