Religious Education classes for children and youth are offered every Sunday during worship services except for some national and school holidays, when childcare is available for ages 4 – 11.
During 9:15 a.m. Sunday services during the September – May Church year, an all-ages, activity-based curriculum is offered to Pre-Kindergarten – 5th Grade children to help them explore life’s questions and develop philosophies and life lessons.
During 11:15 a.m. Sunday services during the September – May Church year, curriculum-based classes for Pre-Kindergarten – 12th Grade are offered.
During the summer, June – August, more interactive classes are offered in a multi-age setting to Pre-Kindergarten – 5th Grade children.
Classes meet after For All Ages in the service.
Nursery care for children under age 3 is available year round during Sunday services.
2019-2020 Curriculum for Children and Youth
Spirit Play is offered to Pre-Kindergarten – 5th Grade children during 9:15 a.m. Sunday services in during the 2019 – 2020 Church year.
The following curriculum-based classes are offered during 11:15 a.m. Sunday services in during the 2019 – 2020 Church year:
Pre-Kindergarten: Chalice Children
Kindergarten – 1st Grade: Chalice Children
9th – 12th Grade: Young Religious Unitarian Universalists (YRUU)
For more information, contact our Director of Lifespan Spiritual Growth, Ann Richards.
Resources for Parents & Volunteer Teachers
Additional Curriculum Information
Tapestry of Faith Overview (UUA.org link)
Register your child for Religious Education. (Google Form)
Policy and Practice
- Behavior Guidelines (Google Doc)
- Check-in Suggestions (PDF)
- Chalice Lighting Ritual (Google Doc)
- Classroom Standards (Google Doc)
- Eight Styles of Learning (Google Doc)
- Facilitation Guidelines for Sharing Perspectives (Google Doc)
- Food and Snacks Policy (Google Doc)
- Social-Emotional Development: Infants and Toddlers (Virtual Lab School link)
- Steps in Lesson Planning (Google Doc)
- Teacher Safety (Google Doc)
- Teaching Guidelines (Google Doc)
- Teaching Logistics (Google Doc)