Religious Education classes for children and youth are offered every Sunday during the September – May church year except for some national and school holidays.
Spring 2022 Curriculum for Children and Youth
During the Spring of 2022, we are offering Our Whole Lives (OWL) classes for all grade levels at and activities for 3- to 4-year olds at 11:30, following the Sunday worship service. Through May 2022, Children’s Religious Education classes will not be held during the 10:00 a.m. Sunday Worship service: childcare for vaccinated children 5 – 11 will be provided.
Summer 2022 Curriculum for Children through 5th Grade
Resources for Parents & Volunteer Teachers
Additional Curriculum Information
Tapestry of Faith Overview (UUA.org link)
MVUC’s By-laws require students to register for the Religious Education Program annually.
Policy and Practice
- Behavior Guidelines (Google Doc)
- Building Social and Emotional Health in the MVUC Nursery (Google Slides)
- Check-in Suggestions (PDF)
- Chalice Lighting Ritual (Google Doc)
- Child Protection Training for Volunteers Handbook (PDF)
- Child Protection Training for Volunteers Video (YouTube)
- Classroom Standards (Google Doc)
- Eight Styles of Learning (Google Doc)
- Facilitation Guidelines for Sharing Perspectives (Google Doc)
- Food and Snacks Policy (Google Doc)
- Social-Emotional Development: Infants and Toddlers (Virtual Lab School link)
- Steps in Lesson Planning (Google Doc)
- Teacher Safety (Google Doc)
- Teaching Logistics (Google Doc)